The Parlour Highlands
Jamie’s smile is contagious, she makes everyone feel great around her. Her passion and dedication for her craft is evident. She is a wonderful part of The Lower Downtown Parlour team.
Denise Serafini Gillespie - The Parlour General Manager
When I started doing hair: 2009
When I started at The Parlour: 2015
What inspires/motivates me in the industry:
- I find inspiration from the past decades. Hair and fashion tend to come full circle but revamped to fit in present day.
- Being observant and a very detail oriented person makes me love the technical aspect of men’s haircuts!
- I’m also extremely passionate about creating wedding hair!
- Color transformations are a great way to compliment a person’s skin tone or eye color!
- My motivation comes from building a relationship with each person in my chair. To give them a great hair service and overall experience is what keeps me happy!
What I am happiest doing:
I love spending time with my husband and our Chihuahua, Coco. She really brings joy to our lives! I try to get together with family and friends whenever possible. I enjoy reading. I love to do anything artsy/crafty such as drawing, painting, and making Halloween costumes!
What I love most about The Parlour:
The Parlour is amazing! Having worked in a few salons before, education wasn’t important there, but it’s a staple at The Parlour. I’ve always thought “how can anyone have a successful lifelong career without ongoing education?” I don’t have to worry about that here! On a daily basis, every stylist is so talented and having different years of experiences we are able to learn from each other. As a bonus, we have the best owner, he is so gracious, honest, open, and positive!
What else you should know about me:
Follow me and my work on Instagram @jamiepiemeisl